03 May 2009

I Finally Did It

I finally did it. It's taken me damn near six months of mental prepration for the big day, but I finally did it. I went and got myself a gym membership! I joined Women's Workout World, which scarily is litterally down the street from me!

I joined April 30th which was the LAST day of their 19 down and 19 a month. I saw the commercial and on a lark just called the gym's number. I spoke with a nice lady named Linda and she scheduled me to come in that Thursday.

We had a sit down Q and Q session where she basically asked me what were my goals and what I was looking to do. My goal for now is to be able to dance my ass off at the next Big Boi Party. (hee) We went over my nutrition and come to find out, I was told I'M NOT EATING ENOUGH. That part made me laugh, because all my life folks would always say, "Well if you stop eating so much..." and all this time, I wasn't eating enough. Hilarious! People always think if someone is fat it's because they eat all the time, yeah that may what got them into that situation, but it's not entirely that ALL the time.

I normally would eat only ONCE a day. Just once and that was it. My stomach is a mess due to my medication for my arthritis. So my diet at this time is normal foods, nothing special or out of the way.

After I signed my contract, I was shown to the locker room and got changed. I met Julia, who took me to the free weights and I started with 2.5. Who in the hell would ever think 2.5 is heavy as hell! Urrrgh!

I did all upper body movements. I also got to use a 2lb ball to work on my abs. Just moving side to side and lifting the ball over my head made my tummy burn like hell. The best part of it all, I got to do it all sitting down because of my knee and my arthritis (I can work with that!)

I took frequent 30 second breaks to towel off, and chug some water. Afterwards, I moved to the leg machines and did a few reps and that was the end of it.

I was in the gym from 3 til 5:30!

I snagged a salad and a fruit n yogurt and came on home, ate and fell asleep. LOL

That was my first step, now it's time for me to take the walk. I'm ready. I can't wait to see how I'm going to be this summer!

-

1 comment:

Lola Gets said...

Wow! My stomach is all messed up from the medications Ive taken for my arthritis (well, broken hips then arthritis) too! Man, its gotten to be so bad that the doc wants to do that new-fangled "stomach-twisting" surgery on me!

I havent okayed it yet cause I havent researched it, but I just might have to do it.

Hm. We'll see how that works out.

L