29 July 2009

Insanity Abounds

I'm not much of a political person. The only time I became engrossed in politics and the going on's of Republicans and Democrats was the 2008 election. I was frantic that Bush couldn't run again and we'd have a chance to start off fresh. Of course, I didn't believe at first that President Obama would win, but I did know one thing, the hate would reach critical mass now that a black man was running for the office.

I wish I could have won the lottery off that prediction. but this most recent attack from the right leaves me going, WTF?!

Now it seems Fox Nation is suggesting that Obama's health care bill is a back door bill for slavery reparations.

All together now.

WTF!?

Seriously, WTF?!

Here's the piece on HuffPo

I jokingly said in the past during the election, "If Obama wins, Republicans are going to go critical mass and in an embarrassing way." They're starting to make my prediction to come true!

Honesly, I'm just waiting for someone on Fox News to drop the N bomb and set all hell loose. I'm telling you, it's coming and hopefully they will be broadcasting LIVE when it happen. I'm ready to take bets on whose gonna be the idiot to do it.

Bill O'Reily? Sean Hannity? Any takers?

I'm simply amazed at how racial these attacks are suddenly becoming. Hell, just the other day Glenn Beck called Obama a racist. Beck said that President Barack Obama had "over and over again" shown himself to be "a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture," later adding, "I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem ... This guy is, I believe, a racist." What?!

At least after that bomb of mental retardation, Joe Scarborough from Scarborough Country, blasted Beck on Twitter saying, "Conservatives attacked the Dixie Chicks for saying much less about President Bush than what Beck said about President Obama."

But the number one thing that slays me about the Anti-Obama movement: Birthers. Yes, somehow a man made the state of Hawaii lie about him being born there and managed to keep this a secret for virtually his ENTIRE LIFE. Richard Roper from Chicago Sun-Times wrote an awesome article about it.

I see logic dying a horrible death and mental stupidity winning. I'm reminded of something I heard when I lived in Minnesota. Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups.

I think we're reaping that RIGHT now.

Have mercy on us all!
-

1 comment:

FreeMan said...

We can either be surprised by it or we can learn to accept it for what it is. This kind of stuff is just part of life no matter how ugly it is. Most people thought because it was quiet that it was disappearing but really this is what some people think.

So pray today but prepare tomorrow!